Tuesday, June 27, 2006

weight loss food : My War With Food Addiction

Wouldn't you love to feel super healthy? Imagine your body bursting with vitality, every cell fed with nutrient-rich food.

Here in the 21st century are florescent-lit aisles of cans, boxes and bags, set out by a corrupt food industry, a provider driven by greed for money, ruthlessly using addiction for profit. Fat, sugar, salt and additives are the tools of the trade. Bodies riddled with cancer and heart disease are of minor concern.

Once addicted, it's hard to say "no." The body craves foods that are harmful. Try to improve your diet, and cravings pop up everywhere.

Some people fight battles with guns and tanks, others use spoons and kitchen utensils. I remember the Battle of the Bulge. The Ponderosa Salad Bar suffered a six-plate defeat. I remember a war with a chocolate Easter bunny. In the middle of the night, I bit its head off. I admit it. I was a food addict. My life was controlled by food. Moderation was never my strong point. When it came to ice cream, one scoop was never enough. I once ate a two-and-a-half gallon tub of maple walnut ice cream. It almost froze my stomach. To make matters worse, it was my roommate抯 ice cream! I felt so badly afterwards that I put a 12-foot chain through the handles of the refrigerator and cupboards and told my roommate, "here's the key to your food." He wasn't impressed.

It's not that I was overweight. I was thin because God had blessed me with a fast metabolism. I desperately wanted to eat nutritiously to help heal the damage from drug abuse. Although I had gotten free from drugs, I felt weak and sick. The only way I felt better was to eat a light diet, but the more I tried not to think about food, the more obsessed I became. I would stop eating cookies for three weeks, eat one cookie, and then relapse with a cookie binge. No cookie was safe from me. In minutes, a bag would be reduced to crumbs. If it wasn't cookies, it was chocolate. I became a chocoholic with a $28-a-day habit. I could drive only short distances, as I would have to stop every 15 minutes for a chocolate fix. Mornings were hell. There is nothing worse than a cocoa bean hangover. After hating myself for being so weak, I'd make a decision to stop, only to take another beating from Mr. Big

http://www.healthrecipes.com/eat.htmhttp://ablogsouplinks .blogspot.com/

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?