Monday, May 08, 2006

asian food---Wild Ginger Asian Restaurant & Satay Bar

Wild Ginger has a great vibe all around -- great dining scene, great bar scene, intimate tables for two upstairs, or casual bar seating parked in front of the open kitchen. The sommelier was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, serving us two terrific wines at dinner. The first, Biale, was a stunning off-menu petite syrah and the second, a Bordeaux-style blank label wine called simply "The Boy."

For starters we shared the grilled, skewered scallops and Vietnamese vegetarian spring rolls which were a little bland -- but most likely because I was unable to reach the accompanying sauces, and couldn't be all reachy grabby because this was a business dinner (bubble over my head "uh huh, customer profitability models, yep, need to map the data, uh huh, portfolio view, yep...god, I would kill for a dab of that plum sauce.") For dinner, I had the coconut curry prawns which were nothing short of DE-lish. The hereto for "un-named" client had some sort of seven seasoning beef satay, for which he claims an unhealthy addiction whenever he is in town. Wild Ginger will be the first stop next time I'm back in Seattle, but I will chose my dinner companions wisely ever mindful of the pending shared dipping situation."

by julie B

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?